Healthy Living Starts with Healthy Eating!
How does Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods? manage to get so much wholesome goodness into our foods??By using recognizable ingredients like these!
Veggie Forward Meals
The nutritional power of vegetables is indisputable. The more naturally occurring colors on your plate at each meal or snack, the better! When it comes to vitamins, nutrients and fresh flavor, nothing beats eating a rainbow of crunchy vegetables and flavors of the garden. In fact, the United States Department of Agriculture recommends 1 to 3 cups of vegetables per day for adults, for a 2000 calorie diet.*
Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods? Top Ten Whole Foods Ingredients
- Spinach – Popeye was wise to eat all that spinach! The nutritional benefits include iron, and vitamins such as A and C.1
- Kale – Kale yeah! A serving of kale has more absorbable calcium than a small carton of milk.2
- Carrots – You’ve heard that “carrots are good for your eyesight,” right? That’s because carrots contain carotenoids that form vitamin A—a vitamin that helps keep your eyes healthy.3
- Wild-caught Fish – Nothing fishy here. Fish are high in protein and are low in saturated fat.4
- Potatoes – Hot potato! Did you know 35% of an adult’s daily requirement of vitamin C can be found in a medium-sized potato?5
- Sweet Potato – Not your average potato! Sweet Potatoes are a good source of vitamins A, B6, C, and, like carrots, are also a source of carotenoids.6
- Onions – Did you know onions were once worshiped in ancient Egypt? Maybe it’s because they’re a rich source of vitamin C and manganese.7
- Celery – Celery is stringy because of its cell structure – the cell walls are tougher to help keep the plant upright, and that’s what gives celery its crunch.8
- Beans – Beans truly are a magical fruit! They can provide more than 20% of the daily recommended amount of fiber in a single serving.9
- Quinoa – Crazy for quinoa? Quinoa is considered a pseudo grain and is one of the few plant-based, complete protein foods.10